Armasight by FLIR Prometheus 336 3-12x50 (60Hz)
: In stock
: Thermal Monocular
Armasight Prometheus is the latest and most technologically advanced Thermal Imaging monocular to enter the sporting, law enforcement, and military markets. The Prometheus product line is based on the latest FLIR Tau 2 VOx microbolometer core, and is available in a variety of models – each optimizing performance, price, and state-of-the-art technology for myriad uses and mission applications.The Prometheus is a solid state, uncooled, long-wave infrared, magnified, dedicated handheld thermal imager intended for day and night engagements.The 24/7 mission capability is only one of the strengths of Prometheus. The thermal imaging technology also allows you to detect targets by cutting through snow, dust, smoke, fog, haze, and other atmospheric obscurants. Unlike the use of laser targeting or near-infrared illumination to augment night vision equipment, the Prometheus thermal imager is extremely difficult to detect with other devices, as it emits no visible light or RF energy.
Special User-Adjustable Imaging Tools
- Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) – a digital “Contrast” correction that allows for a smart scene optimization based on dynamic adjustments where a variety of contrast levels occur depending on relative scene temperature.
- Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – a “Sharpness” correction that is digitally enhances the picture to present clearer imagery, significantly improves edge sharpening and further reduces image noise.
- Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – a fine-tuning computational correction that significantly improves an overall visual acuity for targets that have thermal signatures similar to a surrounding background.
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) – a “Gain” correction that used to automatically adjust the gain to an appropriate range, the weaker the image signal, the stronger the gain.
- User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/FFC). There is a mechanical shutter between the camera sensor and the lens. This shutter is used to perform a non-uniformity correction (NUC) also known as flat-field correction (FFC. During FFC, the shutter presents a uniform temperature source to each detector element in the array. While imaging the flat-field source, the camera updates the offset correction coefficients, resulting in a more uniform image after the process is complete. All Prometheus models allow for user to manually trigger or interrupt scheduled UCMNUC/FFC function.
- Silent Shutterless NUC ™ (SSN) – In addition to user controlled manual NUC/FFC all Prometheus models employ a digital supplemental non-mechanical flat-field correction that allows to extend the periods between mechanical shutter events and to further reduce image noise. SSN is always ON enhancement.
- The lightest and most compact scope in its class
- Easy and intuitive drop-down user interface
- Digital e-zoom: 1x, 2x and 4x
- Imaging Filter Algorithms:
– Active Contrast Enhancement™ (ACE)
– Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement™ (DDE)
– Smart Scene Optimization™ (SSO)
– Automatic Gain Control (AGC)
– Silent Shutterless Non-uniformity Correction™ (SSN)
- Color modes: White Hot/ Black Hot/ Rainbow/ Various Color modes
- Extended operation time with optional external battery power supply
- Recording: video output / Optional video recorder with onboard replay
- CNC machined aircraft-aluminum alloy construction
- Rapid start-up
- Made in the USA
- Limited 3-year warranty
- 10-years warranty on FLIR detector
Quick Guide (.pdf)
Specification Sheet (.pdf)