Armasight by FLIR Prometheus C 336 2-8x25 (30 Hz)
: In stock
: Thermal Monocular
Armasight Prometheus-C is the latest and most technologically advanced Thermal Imaging monocular to enter the sporting, law enforcement, and military markets.
The Prometheus-C is a solid state, uncooled, long-wave infrared, magnified, dedicated handheld thermal imager intended for day and night engagements. The Prometheus-C is based on the FLIR Tau 2 VOx microbolometer core. The thermal imaging technology allows you to detect targets by cutting through snow, dust, smoke, fog, haze, and other atmospheric obscurants. The Prometheus-C demonstrates its operational flexibility for all mission applications.
An additional Armasight proprietary hyper-image processing (HIP) code provides the Prometheus-C with a robust library of software features to tailor the image to the optimum standards required by the operator. The nine-pin connector on the Prometheus-C reveals the dynamic nature of this mite-sized powerhouse. Through the multi-pin connector, the operator can record video using the Armasight Digital Video Recorder (DVR) or augment the battery life by attaching to external battery options.
Special User-Adjustable Imaging Tools
- Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) – a digital “Contrast” correction that allows for smart scene optimization based on dynamic adjustments, where a variety of contrast levels occur depending on relative scene temperature.
- Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – a “Sharpness” correction that digitally enhances the picture, significantly sharpens edges, and further reduces image noise.
- Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – a fine-tuning computational correction that significantly improves overall visual acuity for targets that have thermal signatures similar to the surrounding background.
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) – a “Gain” correction that used to automatically adjust the gain to an appropriate range, the weaker the image signal, the stronger the gain.
- User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/ Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/ FFC). There is a mechanical shutter between the camera sensor and the lens. This shutter is used to perform a non-uniformity correction (NUC), also known as flat-field correction (FFC). During FFC, the shutter presents a uniform temperature source to each detector element in the array. While imaging the flat-field source, the camera updates the offset correction coefficients, resulting in a more uniform image after the process is complete. All Prometheus-C models allow for user to manually trigger or interrupt scheduled UCMNUC/ FFC function.
- Silent Shutterless NUC™ (SSN) – In addition to User-Controlled Manual NUC/ FFC, all Prometheus- C models employ a digital, supplemental, non-mechanical flat-field correction that extends periods between mechanical shutter events and further reduces image noise. SSN is an always ON enhancement.
- Rugged, glass fiber reinforced construction
- Tau-2 17μm pitch thermal sensor
- Fast F1:1 front Germanium lens
- 640x480 color LED display
- Easy and intuitive drop-down user interface
- Simple 3-button control
- Polarity control (black hot/ white hot)
- Color & monochrome palettes
- Digital zoom up to 8x
- Special User-Adjustable Imaging Tools
– Active Contrast Enhancement™ (ACE)
– Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement™ (DDE)
– Smart Scene Optimization™ (SSO)
– Automatic Gain Control (AGC)
– User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/ Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/ FFC)
– Silent Shutterless Non-uniformity Correction™ (SSN)
- Fast time to image ( < 3 sec)
- Extended operation time with optional external battery power supply
- Recording: video output/ optional video recorder with onboard replay
|Refresh Rate||30 Hz|
|Objective Lens Type||Germanium|
|Type of Focal Plane Array||FLIR Tau 2|
|Pixel Array Format||336x256|
|Pixel Size||17 μm|
|Display Type||LED VGA|
|Pixel Display Format||640×480|
|Display Brightness||Discretely Adjustable to 8 Levels|
|Turn-on Time, max||3 sec|
|Digital Zoom||1x, 2x, and 4x|
|Image Palettes||White Hot, Black Hot, Fusion, Rainbow, Globow, Ironbow1, Ironbow2, Sepia, Color1, Color2, Ice-Fire, Rain, and OEM|
|Analog Input and Output Format (resolution)||PAL / NTSC (640×480 pixels)|
|Video Recording||Optional Digital Video Recorder with SD card slot|
|SPECIAL USER-ADJUSTABLE IMAGING TOOLS:|
|Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) - “CONTRAST”||Yes|
|Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – “SHARPNESS”||Yes|
|Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – “SMART SCENE”||Yes|
|Automatic Gain Control (AGC)||Yes|
|User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/ Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/ FFC)||Yes|
|Silent Shutterless NUC ™ (SSN)||Yes|
|Objective Focal Length||25 mm|
|Field of View (ang.)||13° x 10°|
|Exit Pupil Diameter||5 mm|
|Eye Relief||16 mm|
|Focusing Range||0.25m to inf.|
|Diopter Adjustment Range||±5 diopter|
|Battery||CR123 Lithium 3V (2) or CR123 type rechargeable batteries with voltage from 3.0V to 3.7V (2)|
|Battery Life at 20 °C (68 °F)||Up to 4 hr (optional up to 7 hrs)|
|External Power Supply||6 VDC/ 600mА|
|Operating Temperature||-40°C to +50°C (-40°F to +122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-50°C to +70°C (-58°F to +158°F)|
|Overall Dimensions||150 × 90 × 52 mm (5.9 × 3.5 × 2.0 in)|
|Weight (w/o Batteries)||0.4 kg (0.88 lbs)|
|Warranty on FLIR Detector||10 Years|
|* All data subject to change without notice.|